Saturday, November 29, 2008

Girls Night

The boys left me Fri. morning to go on a scouting hike/campout. It is now Sat. a little after 11:00 and I'm starting to get a little worried. I expected them to be home over an hour ago. I hope they aren't frozen in place somewhere.



Since the guys were going to be gone, I decided to have the YW (Young Women) from church over to see Twilight and then crash back at my place.

So the movie, hmmm...didn't love it. Some of the girls were watching for the 3rd time. Once was enough for me. The beginning of the movie, the acting and the special effects (or is it affects? I never get those right, oh well) were sub par, in my opinion. I did enjoy the ending so it wasn't a complete flop.

After we got back from the movie the girls changed into their p.j.'s and munched on some snacks. They were scattered all over the place.







I ended up having enough places for eveyone to sleep. I would have been a couple short but several of the girls stayed up the entire night!! Their parents are going to be loving me today.

I didn't get much sleep myself but that is what sleep-overs are all about. One girl called it Kitchen Confessions. I like that.

They were all sitting around the kitchen table talking about anything and everything. I loved it.
They are all gone and the house is clean and now the boys just showed up.
Ewww, Keion just came in and he smells like campfire. So much for the clean house.
I guess I better go help and make sure those clothes get left at the back door by the laudry room.
Oh, I should add that I'm happy they made it home!

5 comments:

robertsfamof5 said...

How fun. They must love you!

Kristi said...

Your house looks so warm and cozy. You are more than nice to have all those YW over, and for the entire night! I agree with your review of Twilight. It was a little low budget, but I did like it. The baseball scene was my favorite. I am glad you guys had a nice Thanksgiving.

MadMama said...

That must have been so fun! The girls looked like they had a blast!

hayley said...

How did you get to be in Young Womens again? Why do I get stuck in Primary for 5 years!! I need to meet some babysitters!! You can never have enough of them:) Hope you didn't have to share your bed! I am getting used to having the whole bed to myself now a days, we need a king!!!

Abby said...

I think the whole world hated Twilight. Its such a shame that they botched the one chance they had to turn a phenomenal book into an even better movie.
Oh well, I guess we'll just have to wait 20 years for the re-make to come out. (And re-read the books every year between now and then)
Hopefully you still won't be in YWs then! hahaha.
I enjoy reading your blog so much - I hope you don't feel stalked. :)