Sunday, November 16, 2008

Movie, Games, Keion

Last night we met a couple of our friends for a movie. We watched Quantum Solace 7. Not my favorite. Really there was no story line. Oh well, it was fun to get out. Keion went into a different show with his friend, they watched Madagascar 2.
When I got to the theatre and Micah and Sara showed up I started laughing. Sara and I had on the same outfit!
No, we did not plan this.
Everyone took pictures with their cell phones and when we got back to our place we had to take another. It reminded me of Junior High when I actually would call my friends and coordinate outfits for school. Ha ha.

We pulled out the guitar hero and Micah started jammin'. He is starting to loosin' up and not be such a stiffy in his moves!
I was trying to hurry and take this shot before Dan and everyone dispersed. I took it so quickly that I wasn't sure if it was going to turn out. Everyone looked great.
Upon further review I noticed that Sara was really posing for the picture! I love it.
I am getting too old for late nights. I was such a grouch when I woke up to Keion blowing his nose off and I forced him to go to the garage where I couldn't hear him. Cruel, I know. It was that or beat him to death. I thought I took the high road with banning him to the garage. Don't worry, he was laughing at me.
Keion also received the Priesthood today. It was hard not to have family around but the next best thing is great friends to help you celebrate and be a part of it. Thank you to those who shared this experience with us.

I had to take this picture. I know, I'm crazy. The Deacon's Quorum came over to talk with Keion and Samon (pronounced Salmon) was showing Keion the different routes to pass the sacrament. It was so cute. I couldn't help but snap a picture.As they left, this is what was going on outside. Our backyard is already getting covered. I'm loving the snow right now but by the end of the week, if it keeps snowing, I will be sick of it!

11 comments:

Kristi said...

Wow! Keion received the priesthood today? I can't get over how much he is growing up. It makes me sad to think little Keion is passing the sacrament. Can't he just stay little forever? He is such a handsome boy. I wish we could have been there. Although, all I would have done is cry......like I am now! We love you, Keion!

Jan said...

Congratulations Keion! I am so proud of you. I love you tons. Tell you mom that she shouldn't send you to the garage for blowing your nose. You were at least blowing rather then sniffing. haha

Enjoy the snow, it is just mid November, you all are in for a global warming winter of WHITE, COLD Stuff.

Judaloo said...

Keion, you looked awesome up there on the stand today! While you were in YM, I was trying to make a face at you, but just as I made it, you looked down and Brother Wright looked up. Imagine how stupid I felt! Congrats, though. I'm kinda with your mom on the blowing of the nose thing...I hate hearing people do it. It makes me gag. Garage is a good place.

Chloe said...

CONGRATS TO KEION!!! That's so awesome!! I can't believe he's that old already!
You look like you have an awesome life. I WISH I could come visit you! I miss you so much! I'm glad you have a blog I can read though.

Love ya!



P.S. From the angle you took the pic, the skinny dude in the red shirt looks pretty cute.

Burrups said...

That is awesome Keion!! Congratulations on receiving the Priesthood1 Great responsibiity comes with such great blessings. You will stand out to your friends and they will look to you for your awesome example.

Kirsten said...

Keion-- First of all, CONGRATS on receiving the priesthood! We're soooo proud of you! And second, whenever you come to visit us, you can blow your nose in ANY room you want, as long as you use a tissue! :) We love you all tons!

Sharisa said...

Keion, you are awesome! Jake thought passing the sacrament was a little scarey at first because he didn't want to mess up. But he did great and so will you! You are so smart and handsome.
Dannette, your house is so cute! You are quite the decorator. Maybe we could trade some decorating help for some picture taking ;)

Julee and Fam said...

Hi Danette, I loved looking through your blog and seeing how everyone is doing. I am not surprised you are doing great. I miss your spirit and smile. I am happy all of you are well. Let the boys know we said hi.

Bonnie said...

I love guitar Hero! How fun! Way to go Keion! The snow is fun until you have to drive in it! I'm glad you are having fun up north!

DeGooyer Family said...

Congrats to Keion! And I LOVE the green jackets. =)

Ashley said...

I'm sad to hear about the movie, that was the one movie I actually wanted to go see. I'm not much of a movie goer. I always sit in front of the guy smacking on popcorn or behind the giggly girls.