It was a hit. Honestly, it was really easy to do, maybe that's because the board and backing were already cut out! But putting the paper and embellishments on was much easier than I anticipated.
Again, maybe that was because Maren was helping me out.
I guess I'm not much help when it comes to estimating the difficulty of this project. It's cute though, right?
The paper I found was perfect for what I needed and I added the two pictures, one of all the girls and one of all the boys (kids we work with). My co-worker, LOVED it. All the office staff and teachers who saw it, LOVED it. If you are looking to do a gift for a teacher, I highly recommend it.
You can even do mascot cut-outs at the school, like the one I did in the upper left hand corner.







The only annoying thing about his project was trying to get a decent picture of it. The flash was glaring but without the flash, ugly. I hope you get the idea.I can picture this same thing in several colors. In fact, any school colors would look great. There is so much paper out there with school stuff on it so you REALLY (i'm fake) crafty people out there could make this look even better.
I've contemplated doing a HUGE one for my kitchen but I'm just not sure it would look good. What do you think?



8 comments:
Thanks for sharing. she has some awesome project ideas! I am brainstorming on what to make as i type
Dannette, great job on that board!:) You look like a pro, and thanks for mentioning my site:)!!!
I love it!! Great job Danette!!
Great idea. If I start now, I can make them for X-mas gifts for next year!
You are SO crafty! Don't gag or laugh....you are! It looks great. There is a reason I was too chicken to try one at super saturday. Ha! Maybe one day you can show me how. ;) Glad it was a hit! Happy New Year! Is Kylan on call? Jonathan is. I am remembering the Newlywed game in your basement with vomit dip???!! Fun times. Happy last day of 2008!
OKAY Keion (GO - BYU), I really like my sponge! HOWEVER...I have thought of that toilet thing before, because of a 20/20 news broadcast. BUT, I'm willing to risk it. Oh...I just throw it in the dishwasher quite often. ANYWAY...Cute boards. I'm heading over to that blog right now and see what I need to do to create it.
Hope you have something fun planned for New Years Eve. You know Mike and I, we'll be asleep by 10:00. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I really like this!! Make one for your kitchen; it'd be awesome!
That looks great! Perfect idea for a teacher. Have you found the paper you would want for your kitchen? I think that would be the hard part. Go for it!
Post a Comment