Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow Day II

I cannot be more elated to have a snow day today. They called school off around 5:30 this morning in anticipation of a huge snow storm. Yes, the storm did come and it's still snowing right now. I'm so happy we have such amazing neighbors that feel the need to use their snow blowers on our driveway and sidewalks. It is a must have investment for next year. 2 weeks off for Christmas break, Keion and I are stoked.

I'm finally posting pictures from the Pullin's Christmas party we went to on Sunday. The night included nothing but the best food, a "progrum" and a white elephant gift exchange.

Sara started the "progrum" off with a piano piece. She is an amazing pianist. No one wanted to follow after her.

You know Keion, we can't keep him away from the little ones.
The Higbee girls sang a little number...too cute!

Keion played a little number on the piano. Yankee Doodle Went To Town, was a big hit! Keion is quite the performer and as you can tell has a little attitude.


He is most humble as well (extreme sarcasm!).
Micah even got in on the piano playing with the help from Sara. Wow Micah, look at that posture, you mean business!
Keion was giving Micah a bad time about not really playing, saying it was only Sara who did it all. Micah was pointing out the 5 notes he played!! Just kidding he played 6 or 7. HA HA (he really played several parts and did a great job.)
As a family we did a little musical number. It was about as good as our FHE singing moments. Ended in bad playing, horrible singing, laughing and barely able to finish.

This was one of the highlights of the night. Kylan tried to find his recorder but couldn't. Shucks!
Dan was hilarious and I'm so happy he gave in to our peer pressure. It's hard not to give in when the whole room is chanting your name!!
These pictures are so funny to me. Dan's facial expressions are classic and he really did do an awesome job. He played Jingle Bells and we all joined in singing.


Next, Keion had to do ANOTHER number. He really likes to perform and gets in to it. I think he got this next idea from his Uncle Jared. Keion decided to do a little dance for everyone. Definitely entertaining!

Some of my favorite pictures from the night are these next two. Sara jumped up and started dancing with Keion and they looked like they were having a blast.

Kylan read a twist on, Twas The Night Before Christmas. Poor Kylan was sick the whole night too. He didn't even eat anything. He was a trooper and participated anyway.
Here is the special gift to the person with the best white elephant gift.



I ended up stealing this bad boy or should I say bad girl. It was a faceless doll. Totally creepy but awesome.
Kylan couldn't have picked a better gift. It was several pictures of him Photoshopped into BYU pictures. Guess who came up with that one??
How clever is this? We will hang this in our living room...NEVER!
We won the prize for best white elephant.
Our prize... this gem- a picture of Sara with some funky hair. That could have been the best white elephant gift! We had such a great time despite Kylan being sick. He was looking forward to playing some ping-pong but couldn't do it. We will have to have a tournament at a future date.
We are so blessed to have such great friends. It makes being away from family during the holidays much more bearable.
Keion had his choir concert. I have some pics that I will post- no excuse now that I have some time off.
Happy Day!

5 comments:

Sara said...

You Petersons were the highlight of the progrum...what a night! That Keion can dance! Glad your Christmas break came early! Could you shovel our driveway while we're gone? Just kidding. Miss you already! I'll send you my pictures from the party. Merry Christmas!

Kristi said...

How fun to start the break off with a free day! I laughed out loud at Kylan's white elephant gift!

Fun times!

Kristi said...

that looks fun.Lots of piano .




keion,miss you.Have a merry Christmas!

Payton

Kerri said...

Gosh, your parties always look like so much fun! Other than Kylan being sick, I'm glad you guys had such a great night!

hayley said...

Cool piano! I got one for Christmas, not even close to that cool.