I had a laparoscopy, hysteroscopy and a D&C (Dialation and Curettage). I've been needing these procedures done for some time now. I should make it clear that this had nothing to do with trying to get pregnant. Although you may have these procedures done to find out why you are not getting pregnant, for me it was trying to get my body back on track.
I was surprised to find that I didn't have endometriosis like the doctors predicted, I was only a level 2, but instead I had tons of adhesions. At this point we are not sure where they came from because I haven't had any previous surgeries. The adhesions were blocking both of my tubes.
Before going into surgery I thought I might lose both tubes. Both were saved but one is twisted and not as functional as the other.
I had several cysts on my ovaries and will find out Monday when I go in if I have PCOS.
I also had several polyps removed. They didn't say anything about my fibroid tumor so I will have to ask about that on Monday too.
The surgery wasn't horrible except that I get extremely sick from anesthesia. Kylan was wonderful and helped me get ready for surgery by putting my cap on and then taking several pictures of me looking like a dork. Life is good when you are a little loopy!
Ummm, I don't think my eyebrows need to be covered.


The surgery lasted a couple hours and once I came to, I was sick. Gut wrenching sick. All I wanted to do was get out of there. No matter how much nausea medication they gave me, it didn't work, I was sick and throwing up anytime I moved.
I love that somewhere between the time these pictures were taken and the last, I lost my smile. It is somewhere back in surgical room 8!
In this next picture I'm sick, pale and not happy that Kylan is still taking pictures. Just get me home already.

The first night home I was up all night going to the bathroom. I joked that the fluid came out just like it went in, drip by drip (through the I.V.)!
My abdomen is sore where the incisions are but other than that I'm feeling ok. Today I'm getting around much better. I still have tons of "floating" air in my abdomen that I don't know how to get rid of. Anyone been through this before and have some suggestions??
Thank you to all of you who called, emailed and left kind words. I'm so grateful to have great friends around to help us out. I'll post after my appointment on Monday when the doctor will give us more feedback on the surgery and his findings.



23 comments:
I am glad you got through all of that, whew! Surgery is no fun. I too get sick from anesthesia! I hope you heal quickly and I will keep you in my prayers!I am sure Kylan and Keion will take extra special care of you! And I am sorry about the blizzard :( It has been around 40 and sunny in good ol Twin Falls, you guys should move back here soon!!!
Take care!
Get well soon! We will keep you in our prayers. Anesthesia is the worst. It has the same effect on me.
I was wondering if this was what was going on with you when you mentioned VERY CASUALLY on my blog that you were having surger.
I am happy to see that you are among the living again. Sorry you were so sick. We all hope you get feeling better very soon!
OH MAN!! Why didn't they give you something so you wouldn't be sick. I begged for it before I started. DANG!!! That is the worse!
I hope you start feeling better. I've had 2 C sections, you are in a lot of pain! Wish I could stop by with some soup I heated up and added a quart of water to the frozen pkg., warm bread that I would warm up after I got home from the bakery, and a yummy desert from Sams Club.
I sure hope you get feeling better. I really truly feel bad that you have to feel so lousy. Let us know what the Drs. say. And our family will remember your family in our prayers.
Sandra
I love the Highland sweatshirt. You girl, still have your roots! Here's rooting for you a speedy recovery.
Loves......
Oh, Dannett that is the worst. The air bubbles are the worst part for me. It feels like someone is stabbing me. VERY VERY painful. My mother-in-law told me to try to elevate my feet up with my head down (slightly), lay like that for a while and then get up and it flushes a lot of it out. Mind you this was about a week after I needed the advice! I hope by now it's better, but if not give that a try. You just wait, now you'll get pregnant! That's what happened to me:)
Apprently nausea from anesthesia is somewhat common. I too get sick from it! Not fun at all. I HATE throwing up!!! You look adorable in the pic with the cap on! Here's to a speedy recovery! It was fun chatting with you today. Love ya!
Wow, I feel like I was there. You are very good at giving details. Kylan was a bit more medically descript, but not detailed with the good stuff. I certainly hope it straightens you out so you feel better, however, a pregnancy would be a blessing as well. I am just grateful that the three of you are all well and MY family. I will look forward to Monday's update. Take advantage of the two males in you house that are not taking good care of you. You work hard for them all the time and now is your time to soak it all in and love it.
I hope you are recovering well... Love ya!!
I hope your feeling better by now!! Yuck, sorry you had to go through that! Loved the barf bag picture- :(
I hope you are feeling better soon!!
Ouch! The things we have to put up with because we have a uterus. I have no idea how to get rid of the floating air, I remember after my gall bladder surgery I had pain in my shoulders, i think from the extra air/gas from blowing up my tummy to do the surgery. It eventually went away on its own. I love all the pictures:) You are such a trooper! I really hope you are feeling well and the results are good:) Thanks for your message on my blog!
I hope you feel better soon. Surgery is never any fun. PLEASE let me know if you need anything.
I'm sorry you had to have surgery. I hope you're feeling better and that Monday's appointment goes well. I hope you have a speedy recovery.
I am sorry you had to have surgery too! I hope you feel tons better soon!
I hope you're feeling better and can't wait to hear what the doc had to say today. Love ya and hope you fit into your pants again soon!
Hi Danette - hope you're feeling much better - good luck with the rest of the tests - you're in my thoughts!
wow danette that is quite the surgery! Thank you for your comment it was so nice! I hope you recover quickly and everything will work out for you, i will keep you in my prayers...
Hope everything goes well with all of your test/appointments/medical junk. I'll be thinking about you.
Wow, that's a lot to have done! Hope you're recovering okay. I cannot believe Kylan took that picture of you leaving the hospital! That's just cruel!
I seriously haven't checked blogs forever and now I wish I would have. I hope you are feeling much better. I wish I was there to help out or at least bring dinner. We will keep you and your family in our prayers.
I'm glad things went well with your surgery. That was thoughtful of your husband to take pictures of you in your time of misery. I had a similar laprascopic procedure done awhile ago and unfortunately their isn't anything you can do about the free floating air, which is the worst part of the recovery. Hope you've been getting a lot of help. Sorry I haven't checked to see how you were doing earlier.
I hope you are feeling better (which you probably are since you just got back from your trip). I too have been totally out of it on blogging. I just saw your post on Ashlie's site and headed over. Hope you are doing better.
Post a Comment