This Saturday was jam packed with nothing but Keion and the games he loves to play.
Two basketball games in the morning/afternoon and two soccer games in the evening. Let's just say getting him up for 9:00 church this morning was a chore.
In the basketball games Keion played awesome. He isn't the biggest kid out there but that doesn't stop him from dominating!(they are undefeated)
I have been lazy and haven't taken any photos but Kylan snagged this photo w/his iPhone while a mom had gathered the boys for a picture. Not the greatest shot but better than what my antique phone would produce.
His team lost both their soccer games. The first one they got killed and the second game they only lost by a goal. They are playing in the U-14 league so the boys they go up against are bigger, faster, and stronger and I will definitely take a picture because the contrast is something to see. 2 years makes a HUGE difference. I'm not sure how the boys can even hang with them but for the most part, they do.This is just another one of Keion's pairs of shoes that he refuses to let us know are wearing out.
I knew they were starting to look a little tattered but I actually went and picked them up and guess what? No shocker that there was a HOLE big enough for his toe to go through. How embarrassing. Well, not for Keion. We told him that he had to go with us to buy a new pair of shoes and he had a fit. He basically refused to go and said he would wear his old basketball shoes.
What is wrong with this kid??
I told Kylan we need to buy him 2 new pairs of shoes so that we can have one on back up at all times. Keion is starting to care more about some things but I guess shoes isn't one of them.
This is a little side note. This happened awhile ago but I forgot to blog about it until we saw the sign again yesterday. There is a huge billboard on the side of the freeway that has a picture of an old lady 95 years old. It was an advertisement for one of the local colleges. It said something about the fact that this lady was their oldest graduate.Keion with all of his smartness said, "that was cruel that they held her back so many years!", he was serious. I could die.
It was almost more funny after explaining it to him.
Sometimes, well most of the time, I wish I were a kid again.



No comments:
Post a Comment