I didn't even take a picture of Keion before heading to church all dressed up. It never even crossed my mind. Bad mom.
Sadly enough, Easter was just not that big of a deal, in the materialistic sense.
We cut back this year with the candy and gifts, typically it's a second Christmas for Keion. This year he got some essentials- new soccer and basketball, the others are completely worn out. Keion like the Labron James poster best, along with the money he collected in the egg hunt.
We didn't even dye Easter eggs. Keion wasn't into it and so we just hid the money, candy eggs.
Here is Keion Easter morning following the rabbit trail to his basket.





It is sad to see your kid get older. Keion still enjoys the holidays but not like he use to. He is getting to that stage where he likes to help put the event on, like hide the eggs for someone else. It has it's positives though, the holidays become more about what they are suppose to be and not just the receiving of gifts and everything else we spoil our kids with. Hey, trust me, don't feel guilty about spoiling your kids, we are definitely guilty.
We had Easter dinner with Pat and Norma's family. It was wonderful. They even made all of us a little basket full of goodies. It was very thoughtful of them.
Sara even brought us a little treat too.
We missed battling with my family for the golden egg at the McBride Easter egg hunt. Next year I think I will put on an Easter egg hunt for our friends kids. That way Keion will be involved and it will make it more exciting for him. It's going to be the best egg hunt ever!!!
We are back to the grind. Kylan is working long hours. To work by 5:00 am, home around 6:00 pm. On call for 30 + hours several times a month. What a joy.
I'm back to work and it hasn't been too bad. School is almost over and I can't believe it. Has the year really gone by this quickly?
Keion didn't enjoy going back to school but hey, what kid does? It is even more difficult now that the weather has warmed up and all the kids just want to run around outside all day long. Don't blame them.
I've been running. Feels good to get back into it. I started with just a couple miles and have been working my way up. Not looking to compete at this point. I have not time to train. Maybe in the summer.
We did book our tickets to go west. It will be just Keion and I. Kylan has no vacation until after Aug. bummer. I would like to see as many of you as I can. Let me know if you think we can meet up.
Enjoy the weekend! I know we will, warm weather, bbq at Sara's (if we are still doing it) playing outside, building some stuff with Pat. All good!



6 comments:
I really agree with you on the getting back to the meaning of each holiday. We are truly learning that less is more. Since Hannah and Meredith are at such different ages this has been somewhat difficult. Hannah has pretty much figured out the Santa and Easter bunny thing, but I still want it to be exciting for Meredith, so I let Hannah hide the eggs, help wrap the gifts, etc. Poor Lake will probably know the truth by the time he is two :)
I let Bo help me this year and then he went after all the eggs with money in them. The other boys thought he was just lucky but I am not letting him help next year. lol
Let me know if you guys are going to be around this way. It would be so fun to see you.
The boys are super excited! We will have to think of something super fun for the them to do!!!!
WOW, that's more loot than my kids all combined! =)
Hey, I know I seem like a stranger, I haven't been on blogs for a long time. You guys have been having fun, I'm glad you got to go to the games, what an experience! What else can I say other than Keion is one heck of a kid...part of NHS, doing awesome in his sports and just all around a really good kid - what's your secret!? I can't believe he's old enough to go the temple! I remember when I use to put lip gloss on and tease him and kiss him...I'm pretty sure that would be a little awkward now! :) It was fun to catch up!
It looks like Keion got some fun stuff. I wish you guys lived closer so we could all celebrate together....maybe someday! We missed the big McBride hunt this year too, but your mom gave us a little one with our family when we went over for the day. My brother Clint and his family came too. He won the most money. I guess I shouldn't have invited him! Kidding!
Post a Comment