Most of the time we don't lose power but this last one the power was out for over 8 hours.
That is a long time when it goes out in the middle of the day.
Look how black it is out side in this picture and it was only around 7:30 when I took it. (the flash on the inside is deceiving, it was just as dark inside!)

I had to take a picture of Keion because he was soooo bored. He just didn't know what to do. He kept asking what people back in the olden days did with all of their time and no electricity.
Because Kylan was out of town when this happened, I realized how unprepared we are for emergencies.
We have three 72 hour kits SOMEWHERE in our house. I don't think 72 is suppose to stand for, 72 hours to find it!
Now that the basement has just been finished flooding is more of a concern as well. When the power goes out, so does the sump pump. All of our neighbors flooded but I was able to sit in the basement with candles and haul buckets of water out so that we wouldn't. I dumped for probably 3 1/2 hours until the power came on at 1:30 in the morning.
I DO NOT want to do that again...we are now going to by a generator! Yeah.
Come to think of it, I don't like the storms as much anymore but when they come I think I will be more prepared.



3 comments:
Yikes! I am glad you guys were safe and had your newly finished basement didn't flood. Send pics. of that basement! Can't wait to see you guys soon! Loves.....
P.S. Love the new grey background!
Our basement has flooded 3 times since we have lived here. We didn't have a sump pump. Who builds a house in Michigan without a sump pump. Anyways, we have a sump pump now and a generator. We should be covered.
You would not believe all of the flooding here. If you have a basement in KV, the odds are truly against you.
Post a Comment