Tuesday, December 11, 2007

F A O Shwartz

F A O Shwartz (in NY) is better than the North Pole. Any, and every toy you could possibly imagine, can be found here. As you will see further down, it brings out the kid in everyone!
Kei just had to get his picture taken with the Harry Potter cast. I wonder how many boxes of Lego's it takes to make the characters? The instructions must be a 50 page book. I could never do a Lego project that enormous. Mess up one Lego and Harry could have a una-brow. Not good.
Have you ever seen the movie, Big? This is the piano he played on. Kids could line up and take turns playing the notes. I think Kei wanted to do a solo.
"Come on people, out of my way so I can bust a move!"
"Ah, that's a little better. Now I have some breathing room."
"Oh wait, here come dad and Uncle Kevin, aren't they too old to be on here?"
"Get out of here guys, you're stealing my thunder."

"Ah, forget it. We can all play." - and that is what they did.
This could be used for Kevin's "jump" project. Look at the precision and timing of that start. They must have practiced on their over-sized,floor piano at home before coming (ya, right). I love this shot of them. They decided to play chop stix and show up all the little kids. Show offs!
I must admit that they put on quite a show. Hey, they should've asked for money when they were done. Why didn't we think of that? It worked for the guy in the subway.
Ok, here comes the ending. It is going to be a stretch to hit the notes.
Can they do it? Ky looks like he's pulling a muscle. Will he make it?
YES, they did it (loud thunderous applause), and all muscles and ligaments are still intact. Hey mom, I guess all those piano lessons paid off after all!

7 comments:

Heber and his "Deli" aka: Adele said...

I love it.

Laci said...

How funny! I love the progression of pictures...I can hear the music now!

hayley said...

Wow, they are pretty flexible. That's closer to the splits than I can get:)

Kirsten said...

Too funny! Glad some musical ability stuck around. Great photography too!

Judaloo said...

Holy cow! I totally want to go to NY now! It looks like soooo much fun!

Jen A. said...

Danette, How can I keep up with you? You are always so creative, your blogs are so fun to read. I havn't updated mine for a while, and might not do so until I get back from Utah. We're having a great time. Hope all is well for you guys in Ohio. Good luck with the ward party, let me know how it goes. Good luck with all your holiday preparations and finishing up finals.

Anonymous said...

A mother's proud moment is knowing your son's can not only play the piano as taught (with the five finger note and numbering system), but with their feet as well. It was an indescribable feeling of pride. Too bad we didn't have that piano at home, (at a meer $250,000)as they all would have practiced more.