Monday, December 10, 2007

Miscellaneous

I've been slacking off on posting but for valid reasons. I had 4 papers and a 12 page book review to finish before today, plus a church Christmas party to plan. Finals start this week and I'm super pumped! Ok, not that I have to take finals, but the fact that when they are over, I will have a break until January 14th.
Blah blah blah, enough of that.
Here are some more pics of our trip to NY. I'm really not sure what the elves are looking at (I think the tree)but Ky is purely being sarcastic and mimicking them. You know Ky, always up to no good!

Here we are at the Rockefeller Center. I wish the tree was finished but they had the lighting ceremony the Wed. after we left. It was still fun to see and the story of how they pick the tree and transport it there is amazing. Look it up.

We really wanted to go skating but the line was horrendously long. It's so cold right now I could probably make a rink in my back yard. Hey, it can work. My brother made one when he lived in Michigan-burrrr.
I think we just got caught. Isn't this the face you give your kids when they do something they shouldn't but what they did was so cute and funny, that when you try to be stern it just doesn't work. Ya, this is that look. (ky's mom)

Kei's favorite part of the trip was a stop at Ripley's. It was interesting, I'll give it that, and more importantly it entertained Kei.
Ky, messing around AGAIN! He looks way to happy to be in a guillotine.
This was far worse than trying to walk through the "spinning walls" at the local fair. The bridge actually stayed still but the walls were moving and no matter how hard you tried, you just couldn't walk straight. You will do better if you close your eyes. (the man in this pic...don't know him)
Some shots from inside. Real alligator bones from a true man-eater. Yikes!
Some of the pics from inside. Who do you think wipes her butt?
We also checked out the Fashion District. Kevin thought he would give the designer a few pointers. I have a pointer for him...get a new machineKei just had to climb up and give the guy a hug. Ahhh.
I think the second best thing to Ripley's, for Kei, was the street entertainment. He wanted to stop and watch, and give money, every time he saw people putting on a show. We did stop for two. How could you not when Michael Jr. was performing.
The most impressive thing about this impersonator was the fact that he didn't use half of his routine to get people to donate money. He was good.
This guy was jumping over 6 people from the crowd. Pretty impressive but they were ones whose routine was half about getting donations. Boring.
That's all for today. Tune in next time for some more photos of NY.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the wonderful photo. How did I miss that one? Actually, yes, that is one of my scary faces. Now you know why my kids laughed at me when I added a little screeching with my firm lectures.

Yes, I have wondered who wiped her butt too. If you look at the color of them closely, it is an even scarier thought.

Fun photos and memories. We must plan another trip.

Heber and his "Deli" aka: Adele said...

I am with Keion on the street entertainment....grab me a vendor hot dog and I am good to go!

DeGooyer Family said...

Wow, you've been busy. And I thought I was... Awesome photos, but who was the photographer?

hayley said...

Nonstop fun! What a trip:) Also, yeah, Kylan and Warren have to send Will the memos about finishing school. I think he is off in la la land thinking everything is done! I hope all his graduation stuff is getting put together, I have no idea what needs to be done!