Many of you already know that in the past Kylan and I have tried many different infertility treatments. Just recently we did IVF, as our last resort of treatment. It did not work.
After much contemplation I've decided to write about my experience and share with everyone our process of going through IVF. As we have been very private about our processes and keeping many of the challenges and trials to ourselves, I hope that in some way this will help me, as well as you, to have closure on this situation. I know many of our family members and close friends still held hopes that we would have children. Believe me when I say that we truly felt like we have done everything that we can. It is just not in God's plan for us and we have come to accept that. I can't express how grateful we are to have Keion. Some couples never have the opportunity to parent children at all, whether it be their biological or adoptive children. We consider ourselves blessed.
I've kept a journal during most of this process and plan on posting excerpts from it along with some of the pictures we took to document our journey. We want you to know that we are so thankful for those who have supported us during the past several years. Like medical school wasn't hard enough!
Just so you all know, we ARE doing well. No need for sympathies, that is not what this is about. But I won't lie, there are times, like now, when I'm really thinking about it, that the tears spill over (no matter how fast I try to blink them away!) but that is good, right? Better out than in, oh wait that is for something else =), this will be good therapy for me! A friend of mine is going to start an infertility blog. If you read this and have had, or are having similar problems, look for this blog coming soon. I believe it will be very helpful for those who have questions or just need a place to express themselves to a group that understands. I love you all.
13 years ago



5 comments:
Oh, my eyes filled up reading that yours were spilling over. Been there done that and it still makes me cry thinking about the journey. You're amazing and no matter what's ahead of you, there will somehow be an explanation for it all. Hopefully sooner than later. I'm glad I can call such a strong woman my friend. Jana
You are right when you said you are blessed to have children, no matter how you get them. Thanks for sharing. Ryan is 1 of 6 adopted in his family. His adoptive mom couldn't have children either, but she also feels blessed to have the 6 adoptive ones. I beleive there is a reason for everything even though we wonder what at times like these. Keep strong girl.
I am already balling, I don't know if I can make it through the rest of the posts.
Wow- what a night for me to blog hop. I have been struggling to get pregnant for the last 2 years so I know how you feel when you talk about the anger. It is not really sadness but pure frustration. It is hard to talk to those who don't have these issues. I am looking forward to the infertility blog because it will be a good outlet. Keep me posted about it please.
Also- I admire your strength and courage to share your story so openly. I don't think I could do it!
Danette, you have no idea how much I can relate to these postings! We did IVF as well (along with everything else imaginable), and it failed, too. It was devastating. We didn't tell anyone except one dear friend that we were even doing it, so we were alone throug the whole process and eventual loss. Dont' lose hope just yet. Sometimes the Lord's timetable is very different from our own, and often what he wants for us is different from what we want for ourselves.
Post a Comment