I surpassed a big milestone today. I ran three days in a row! Let me rephrase that, I JOGGED three days in a row. Big difference between running and jogging. If I would have been running, my legs would be back on the road somewhere and my heart would have exploded.If I can make it three days, I'm hooked. I was even trying to talk myself out of it this morning. I don't need to list all of the excuses, I'm sure you've all used the same ones before too!
I've been starting out with only running 1 1/2 miles and I'm going to work up from there. I can't believe how quickly you fall out of shape. So ironic, it takes months to get in shape, then a week to lose it all. There is just something wrong with that (although I've done nothing for months).
Anyone out there thinking about picking up running as a form of exercise? All you need is a good pair of shoes, I love Brooks. Some would say you need good running clothes. You know, those running shorts with the split leg, built in underwear and nifty key pocket, yeah those hideous things. You won't catch me wearing those skimpy things, I think my knee length hoop shorts work just fine. I do opt for the better shirts (CoolMax) when the heat gets unbearable in the summer. After that, all you need is the good ol' outdoors. Slowly, but surely, it will start to get better or so I will keep telling myself!
Well, I'm still sick but at least I jogged this morning. I deserve a treat, oh fooey I'm all out of snacks because I didn't buy them knowing I would think this way. Arg, carrots just don't cut it.
Oh ya, I'm glad all of you liked the April Fools I pulled on you. One other thing, Ky was the winner of the NCAA brackets we filled out. That punk, I just knew I was going to win this year. He sabotaged me.



5 comments:
I hear you on the running....jogging. I ran like a champ last year, and tried to work the treadmill the other day.....and it's been since before THanksgiving. I still don't WANT to run, but when your clothes don't fit anymore, you have to. I guess being freezing naked is a motivation after all. ;) I need some new insoles. PJ's/exercise clothes...practically my daily garb. ;) Maybe I start too ambitious....1 1/2 miles sounds like a good idea. ...Way to go..I hear you the carrots don't cut it. Sadly, we still have plenty of treats around....I don't want to eat them, but I am starving...chocolate starving that is. Good luck. THis post is way too long...like my excuses for not exercising.
Happy Running! I just bought some new shoes too. I am trying the Mizunos. So, far I like them. Poor Robert is still struggling with his ankles hurting. I don't know if he will be running Ogden with me. Do you have a race in mind for the future?
Kristi
I have to start out light or I kill myself the first couple days and I'm forced to take a couple days off to allow my legs time to recoup. This way I can add more distance every couple days and run 5-6 days out of the week.
I'm thinking about doing a run in Flint, MI. The Crim 10 miler. I'm sure I'll pick up a few 10K's here and there. No half(or full)scheduled at this time!
I'm so jealous. I miss running when I can't do it, and when I can, I usually have to talk myself into actually hitting the pavement. But I miss being able to just leave the house BY MYSELF and run. I guess I'll have to run vicariously through you.
I think you're doing GREAT!! And I love the shoes, by the way.
Post a Comment