One thing is for sure, I don't want to miss writing about important events in our lives. Two of the most recent have to do with Keion. He was inducted into the National Honors Society last week. We received a letter in the mail asking if he would like to join and if so he needed to fill out the application and submit it for approval. Of course he was approved!
We took him out to eat at his restaurant of choice, Red Robbin, and then picked up some ice-cream. We wanted Keion to know how proud we are of him and his continual efforts to excel in school.
I tried to capture the moment the best I could but I MUST get a telephoto lens (hint hint).

All of these boys play on Keion's soccer team. I thought it was neat that there were several of them.
Here is the man of honor, thrilled as can be to get his picture taken, not hardly. I have to force him to let me take any pictures lately. Maybe that is because I take too many...naw, couldn't be.I would say that it was his first time in the temple but he has been in more parts of the temple than most youth. I wish that he could remember more about the day he was sealed to us but mostly he remembers playing "Hi-Ho-Cherry-O with the old lady, and whooping her", not that she was letting him win or anything!
It was fun that Kylan and I were able to go along. I just got released from YW's and so I tagged along, plus they needed a body and Kylan is now in YM's, so we were all there together. It was a neat experience to watch Keion, he is an amazing young man.
The weather was wonderful, besides the wind blowing like crazy, and the youth had a few snacks before we hit the road to go back home.


Oh ya, we ran into our friends the Davis' while we were at the temple. I hadn't seen them in a couple years and I enjoyed running into them. Kylan has officially started the hardest part of his internship. He will be on general surgery for the last 4 months. Our time spent with him will be much less than what we are use to. He is only on the second day and he went to bed at 8:30. Really it was more like 8:00 because he was falling asleep through the majority of the show we were watching. The time change is kicking his boo-tay, plus the fact that he has to get up at 4:15 is enough to make anyone comatose.
I'm getting excited to head west and see my family. My lil' sis is playing in a softball tourney in St. George and I HAVE to see her play, as it is her senior year and I haven't been able to watch her play, being out her in the no-mans-land, Midwest.
My nephew is also having a hockey game in SLC the day I fly in so we will hit that game first. Most of my family will be there (I'm still hoping for my bro and sis in-law to make it..PLEASE!!) so I will be loving life. It seems like forever that I saw them last. It was just last summer but for some reason, it seems longer.
And most importantly...I will restock up on Some Dudes Fry Sauce!




4 comments:
Way to go Keion! As usual all around STUD:)
Yeah Keion! You are totally awesome!! The temple sounds fun and I am glad you guys had a good time. Have fun on your trip and hang in there Kylan with your internship. It will be so worth it.
Congrats Keion! I hear you about the blogging thing, it has kind of taken a back seat lately. We are an hour and a half from St. George, so if you want to come to Vegas, we would love to see you!! I would say we would try to make it to St. George, but we have a pretty packed weekend. Come grab some sunshine!!
Jen Allred
Congratulations Keion.
Darn about Kylan working so much, but glad that you can get to Utah to be with your family. Have fun and be safe.
Have a great day.
Sandra
Post a Comment