Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A complete nightmare.

We left Friday to head west on vacation.
We arrived at the airport around 3:30 p.m to wait for our flight that was to leave at 4:45. We had a direct flight as well so it was suppose to be easy going.
As it turns out, the plane was broken and we ended up having to sit at the airport until 11:30 p.m.
It was crappy to say the least. Keion spent hours walking up and down the escalators and watching the hockey game on t.v. Because we were going to be landing in SLC so late I didn't want my sister to have to drive all the way from Idaho to pick us up. The attendants at the gate said they would put me on a flight from SLC to Pocatello the following morning because of the inconvenience.
We rolled into SLC around 1:30 am and then headed for a hotel. By the time we got settled into the hotel and into bed it was almost 3:00. We had to be up at 6:00 to catch the shuttle back to the airport.
When we got to the airport they said they could not put me on the flight. WHAT?????
It was a mess. My sister that was to come get me could not come on Sat. she was busy with a huge function she was putting together for work. I had to call my parents to come pick us up.
This meant that we had to sit at the airport for another 5 hours. Yeah, it was pure torture.
I was so mad at the airline.
Keion again, played on the escalators, took a nap and watched the people come and go.
I was so exhausted and emotional that I was almost bawling watching a missionary welcome home. I knew then that I needed to get out of the airport and get some sleep.

Keion took the camera around to take some pictures. This is the only one that wasn't blurry! I look really happy, don't I?
I took pictures of Keion going up and down. He looks really happy too, right?
The biggest pain was the fact that we were dead tired when we got picked up and to my sisters house. We weren't much fun. Keion was actually sick for a couple days and is still dealing with his allergies. Life is much better now and we are enjoying our visit with family. I'm going to be blogging frequently so that I don't get too far behind. I hate having tons of pics and things to share but being to overwhelmed to do it.
I just hope the trip back goes more smoothly. I have a half marathon to run when I get back and I will not be able to do it if I have to go through a fiasco like that again.

8 comments:

Jen said...

What a horror story. Not many could top that one.

Heather Hepworth said...

seriously. i hate airlines, airports, and traveling. i wish we could just all push a button and be there. i am so sorry for the long nights and airport sits. i totally know how you feel though. its no fun and by the time you get there you feel like you have been gone for weeks!! hope the rest of your trip goes well... and the flight back!!!

Judaloo said...

Delta,right? I HATE that airline! Last time I flew with them, I was alone with Jacie, got in at 3 AM, had zero luggage, a baby that was tired, hungry and soaked from head to toe in urine. I had to make a Wal-Mart run after finding a hotel for the night--at 3AM!!! And all of that was after sitting in the airport for over 12 hours. Did I mention I was 6 months pregnant? They stink. Sorry to hear you had trouble, too!!

hayley said...

That stinks!! Thank goodness no toddlers or babes with you, I can only imagine.

DeGooyer Family said...

Oh, this would NOT be good for me. I am so so sorry - what a nightmare - literally.

Jan said...

My gosh, why didn't you call me?

Burrups said...

That totally stinks!! Hopefully the worst is behind you. Take care and have fun!!

Jen said...

That's terrible!! Make sure you get some free flights out of it.