Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Surprise Birthday Party

Ok. there are so many pictures I want to share from this event but it will have to wait until the beginning of next week or Sunday after my race. I'm too tired to try to do it tonight before I leave Idaho.
Super sad to have to leave and not see all of our family, but excited to be back in my own space and to be with Kylan again.
Anywho. We had a surprise birthday party for my Aunt Kris. It was also my Aunt Tami's birthday too, so we made a day of it.
These pics are just of the cake with TONS of burning candles..

Check out the smoke!
Then my sister, Mikkel, gave her infamous birthday song she sings for everyone. She calls all the nieces and nephews, brothers, sisters, parents, you name it, and sings to them on their birthday. The thing is, she doesn't sing horrible but she exaggerates so much that it is just hilarious.
Here she is in action.
The response during the singing..
What a blast. We had such a great time hanging out. I'll post all the pics from it later.
I can't believe our trip is coming to an end. It really has flown by.
One day we will be closer to everyone or be able to visit more than once a year. It is so hard to see everyone I want to and typically I don't get to see much of my friends. One of these times.
We get home tomorrow evening and then I leave Friday afternoon for my half marathon.
It is going to be a struggle but it will also be a lot of fun. The girls I'm going with are awesome so no matter how jet lagged I am, I know they will keep me going!
I must get some sleep, it is going to be a long day tomorrow and after I our flight out here, it may be even longer than I expect...

3 comments:

Laci said...

Looks like you had a fun vacation! Good luck on your half marathon!

Burrups said...

What a fun time! Can't wait to hear even more about it. Good luck with your flight home and the marathon.

hayley said...

Good luck with your half marathon! I know you will rock it:)