Friday, December 28, 2007

Goodbye Christmas

Christmas has come and gone. Sniff sniff . It is always so much fun to pull out the decorations and get the house and tree all decorated. And it's pure hell putting it all away. Why is that? Well, I guess we had a wonderful time while it lasted anyway. All that work for a measly month of enjoyment. I've got to start a celebration that lasts much longer. Hmm-I'll have to work on that.
I love that Christmas is the one time a year that Ky forgets about being frugal and really turns into Santa! He has become his father in his love for the season. Kei and I love it because we become the benefactors! So selfish, but true!
Kei made a hauling, as usual. He deserves it after enduring a year in the poor house. Not only is Santa good to him but his Grandparents don't hold back either.
We were smart and had Kei open one of his biggest presents (not size but highest on the want list) at the very end. Good thing, once it was opened he immediately started playing his Nintendo DS and was oblivious to the world for the next hour. So spoiled.
Kei received numerous gifts, too many to name off. He did get a new set of golf clubs and several video games though and over-all was well pleased with all of his gifts. Whew, Santa didn't fail!
Guess what Ky and Kei got me? Oh ya baby, a new camera! Not just any ol' camera but a Nikon D40X SLR! I couldn't believe it. Yes, I have been running around taking pictures like crazy. I only wish it was the first thing we opened so I could have used it to take pictures of our Christmas. Kei has a basketball tournament that started last night and goes through the weekend so I'm going to get some great use out of it and hopefully some fun pictures to share.
Christmas wouldn't be complete without some of the classic traditions. We went out for Chinese food on Christmas Eve with the Olson's and played some games afterwards. Christmas day they also joined us for a movie. Ky gets a puzzle every year and I help him put it together. He typically does the majority of the puzzle with Kei adding 3 or 4 pieces. And the holiday wouldn't be a success without all the face-stuffing, weight-gaining, yummy to your tummy snacks that are found everywhere. Rachel saved the day with the goodies she made for us. Can you tell how much I was enjoying the caramel corn???
We hope all of you had just as much fun for Christmas as we did. I can't wait until everyone gets back on their regular blogging schedule. Come to think of it I can't wait until my shows get back on their regular showing schedule. Resolve the conflict already!

6 comments:

hayley said...

I love all your scrap book pages! How fun to get a new camera, you really are going to be "full time" now with the blogging! Yeah! I love being apart of it all and stealing your creativity:) Why reinvent the wheel right!!! I am glad you guys had fun!

Ashley said...

I can't decide whether to be happy for you or extremely jealous and bitter about your new camera. Hmm...I'll let you know :) Love your pages, you do such a great job.

DeGooyer Family said...

Danette, you are SO good at scrap-booking! I need to take lessons. Glad you had a fun Christmas. =)

Kristen said...

Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas. I didn't know you're a scrapbooker. Are these digital pages? Brian bought me a program for Christmas because I wanted to give it a try. Now I know who to come to for tips and tricks. Your pages look great!

Kirsten said...

Congrats on the new camera! Can't wait to see all the professional shots you can take. Now you just need a tri-pod and you can take your own family shots, over and over if needed!

Kirsten said...

I don't mean to be a smart*@!, or maybe I do, but isn't Nixon a president? Is your camera a Nikon? VERY cool, I'm jealous!