Thursday, August 7, 2008

Just an update as to what is happening at our house...


..NOTHING!

Ok. We have been doing a few things. I've actually been trying to find a job. Ya, it's torture.
I had an interview at the gym and now I'm waiting to find out when my second interview is. I've filled out my application online for all of the surrounding schools and I just put in a call and email to the high school who has an opening. I'm just crossing my fingers that something will work out.
I can't go any longer without working. Once Keion starts school I will be left with absolutely nothing to do. So that is what I've been working on.

Kylan is on his anesthesia rotation. It's still easy. He is home early in the afternoon and is able to go to the gym and workout daily. This has been a great rotation for him to catch up on some needed sleep.
The hospital has had more trauma this past month than they have had in a looong time. There have been several motorcycle accidents where individuals have arrived without their limbs. Eeewwww. Just another reason not to ride road bikes, especially the ones they call crotch rockets, I think the name of the bike should be enough to stay away.

Keion is getting ready to register for school. Football should be right around the corner and basketball starts early here as well. He doesn't have to worry about getting into shape because all he does all afternoon is run around with the neighbor kids. He still refuses to wear anything but sport shorts and t-shirts. I couldn't be happier about this. I'll put off buying the name brand expensive clothes as long as possible. He is a stud, he doesn't need clothes to make him cute and popular!

All of us are getting excited for the Olympics to start on Friday (opening ceremony). I know Kerri Walsh's God Mother, Michele, who I believe is going to be in Beijing as well. The connection to her is a long story but needless to say we will be cheering extra loud for the volleyball duo of Kerri and Misty. I personally enjoy the summer Olympics more than the winter. Track & Field, swimming, basketball, volleyball and gymnastics are my top favorites. Maybe all of us that are local should get together and have a little somethin' somethin' Friday night. Anyone game?

7 comments:

robertsfamof5 said...

Funny story, I have a connection to Kerri Walsh as well. When my dad the was head coach at Pepperdine University in California years ago, Kerri's cousin played basketball for my dad there. So when I was young I met her and knew her. Crazy we both have a connection to her. Also, I would love to hang out Friday, but I have my girls night thing, which you are invited to as well. I will be watching it once I get back though.

Heber and his "Deli" aka: Adele said...

That is really very nice of you to only invite the "local" people to your olympic watching fun......are you punishing me for never calling you (wink, wink)?!!

I am dying to talk to you I am just waiting for Heber to either crash and sleep or Ben to get a minute off without his pager beeping constantly.

Hebe has developed a real aversion to my phone since we got home (apparently he doesn't feel like he is getting enough attention without grandparents and cousins doting over him all hours of the day). He is contstanly hiding it from me and bawls evertime I even pick it up or when it rings.

Ashlie n Jonathan said...

HAHA!! You crack me up. GOod luck with the job hunt. If you want to come play, I am SURE I can find something for you to do! ;) Yay for the Olympics. One of my good friends was a diver in the past 2 Olympic games. Love the gymnastics too! Perhaps we can get together...we will have to chat. K, nasty about the bike trauma; and I am so with you about the name being enough. I guess people with crotch rockets lack brains?! Anyway, glad it is a good month for all of you. Had fun visiting yesterday!

Ashlie n Jonathan said...

PS. I love all your family picture on the top!

Kristi said...

We're pumped for the Olympics too! Wish we could watch together!Good luck with the job hunt. Keep us posted! Loves......Kristi

valerie said...

Yeah for the Olympics!! We are sooo excited too!! Erin can't wait to watch the gymnastics and I love watching the track and field events. Good luck with your job hunt!!!

hayley said...

Good luck with the job hunt. Interviewing is so annoying, but I hope you get the job you want! That's so nice Kylan has an easy rotation so he can recharge the old battery. Are you ready for some more fantasy football? I don't know how Will is going to have time for it, but he seems to be really looking forward to it. I wish we could come watch it on the big screen with you guys. Gymnastics has always been my favorite!