

Thanks again to his grandma who bought him his first set of clubs for Christmas. The boys are finally able to put them to some good use.While the guys were busy playing golf, I was with my friend Valerie checking out the big race. I just had to go watch two of my friends that were running the 10 mile race. Especially Allison, considering it was my bright idea for her to run it. I planned on running with her until I hurt myself. By the way, I do believe that is finally starting to feel better.
She rocked it. I was happy to be able to see her on mile 3 and then 1/4 miles from the finish line.
Valerie and I logged our own 4 miles trying to get to the different spots of the race. Shocking, I got us lost. That is why we had to walk so far. We were drenched in sweat and I'm not sure how the runners did it. It was so hot and muggy. Yuck.
Here are a couple pictures from the mile 3 mark. You would think that by this time the pack would sorta thin out...NO not at all. Gobs and Gobs of people.
This was awesome. There were some guys handing out Krispy Kreme donuts. Boy did I really want to grab one. A couple runners took the donuts for some much needed fuel.
This was the mile 3 entertainment. You MUST click on the pictures to make them bigger to get an up close and personal encounter. I would hate to keep all the goods to myself!!
You thought you had a sweet drill team. You got nothin' if you can't dance in high heels like these girls. I was diggin' the gold, big time.
Here is Allison on the final stretch. She is in the green shorts and black tank top. GO ALLISON GO!
Going...
Going...
and GONE!
It always feels good to accomplish a goal, so awesome job Allison. Maybe next year we can run together.I can't wait to write about my job hunting and interviewing experiences. I'll try to do that tomorrow. Today I'm off to get finger printed and get a few things done before I start work on Thurs. and get ready for Keion's soccer tourney in Columbus. Already, we are heading back to Ohio!



3 comments:
Thanks for the workout at the Crim! Next year lets just run it!! No really I had a great time!! And way to go Allison that was an awesome time!!
Thanks for everything! You were sucha great supposrt system! I want to do it again next year FOR SURE!
Did you think I dropped off the face of the blogging world!! Well, Almost..I literally have had no time. In fact, when I have time I need to read your latest updates, I see you have olympic coverage! We even missed most of the olympics, our Dish Network took a while to get installed. You are the best blogger in the world! Looks like all is well in Michigan!!!
Post a Comment