I can't tell you how nervous I was for this stupid game. They are only in little league but my stomach was full of butterflies. The atmosphere couldn't have been better. It was like a movie. The fog, the hype,the players, the electrifying tension, it was all there. Thank goodness we had the 9:00 game this morning because it's 85 degrees today (Ky is stuck in a snow storm in Idaho, he's not to excited about that). The game started out slow. Both teams struggled at first and then the Panthers attacked first by scoring a touchdown. They missed the extra point. I was nervous, this is the first time someone has scored on our defense. Fortunately the play was run to the other side of the field that Kei was on. It didn't take our boys long to figure out they didn't like being down. They came back on the next drive with a passing touchdown (we are one of the only teams who can throw the ball). The rest of the half was a defensive battle with neither team scoring. After half time the Niners came out on fire. They scored on their first drive to put them up 13-6. We waisted a lot of time off the clock and then held the Panthers off to win. Kei's team is now the only undefeated team out of both leagues. They start playoffs next Sat. if they win they are in the championship game, more than likely against this same team they played today. Whew- I hate close games, I just aged 6 years and gave myself an ulcer. Kei played well and was ecstatic afterwards. Now he can go to school, and without saying a word, give his buddies a big smile =)
13 years ago



1 comment:
WAHOO!!! Congrats to Keion:) and Danette you crack me up. I am going to be the same way-more nervous than my own kid, haha!
Post a Comment