Friday, October 26, 2007

Car Conversation

Me: "Are there any songs that don't have curse words in them?"
Kei: "This song doesn't have any bad words."
Me: "Yeah it does, they just said the "D" word tons of times."
Kei: "Like beaver?"
Me: "No, D- like as in dog."
Kei: "I know that, but like beaver?"
Me: (stumped for a few more seconds until the light bulb finally goes off) "Yes Yahny (one of Kei's many nicknames), like beaver."

9 comments:

Kerri said...

that's hilarious. I have to say it took me minute to figure it out too!

Jan said...

Well, I guess I will admit it took me longer than Kerri to figure it out. Good one Keion. I guess I was in a rhyming frame of mind rather that the association way of thinking. And to think it was driving me crazy not to get it. YIKES!!!

Jan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dixon's said...

It took me awhile to figure that one out. Good one Keion.

DeGooyer Family said...

Uh... Still haven't figured it out. Hey, at least I can admit it. So, please let me in on the secret!?!? =)

Danette said...

You are not alone Alana. I had to explain it to Kylan as well. What does a beaver make? That is what the curse word was!

Heber and his "Deli" aka: Adele said...

Ha ha ha! I was trying to make this conversation much more in depth than it was. Thank you Alana for admitting that you were lost.....I was too prideful but it was driving me crazy!

Deena said...

Thanks to Alana I now know what goes with beaver!
Happy late Birthday Keion

Love ya
Aunt Deena and family

Deena said...

So, I didnt get it at all. Thankfully you had to explain it someone else so that I didnt lose sleep over it.

Happy late Birthday Keion!
Ii'm turning into Grandma McBride, always a day or a month late!

Deena and family