Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Proud Post

The designer of all designers... My "up-to-the-minute" brother in-law, Kevin Peterson. As you can tell by his Prada suit and Marc Jacobs rain boots, (plus his beautiful physique) this guy not only wears the finest attire but designs the paramount of all designs. He works for Jamie Drake at Drake Design Associates (link under bodacious blogs) based in New York City. His firm was on their third time down the runway, with a potential clients from Russia who wanted to re-do a home they purchased in London, and had one last chance to revamp the project for a final showing. Kevin, ingenious as he is, took all of the previous renderings and compiled them into a 2 dimensional computer layout (very technical). He had a week to finish the boards that would be presented to the clients. Jamie took the rendering to London to meet with the clients. With Kevin's project, that he collectively put together, the clients couldn't resist and accepted their offer and design. The budget for the one room they designed is 4 million dollars. Yes, you read that right. The budget for the whole house is a measly 50 million! I wanted to show part of the project on my blog but because of legality issues I'm unable to. I do have a drawing he did in college that gives you a glimpse of how phenomenal his work is. Kevin is going to be famous for his designs so you should all be good to us because you may want him to design your clinic, home or if your like us right now, a piece of furniture(ok, A leg of a bar stool) because it is all you can afford!

He looks like he is having so much fun, I want to be there too!
I can't wait to go to NYC for Thanksgiving. See you soon Kev.

4 comments:

DeGooyer Family said...

WOW, that is SO neat!! He's very talented.

Kevin said...

Thanks danette! you are so kind. It's an honor to be on your blog.

And would be happy to design one leg on your barstool any day! I accept credit cards.

Kevin said...

I'm also excited to have you here for Thanksgivining. Bring your running shoes. It's awesome to run in the city.

hayley said...

That's awesome you have such a talented bro-inlaw. Can't wait to see your home someday:)