Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Keion at Camp

So, here is Keion and his partner in crime at camp, Brooks.
They are roommates as well as teammates. I'm not sure how they ended up on the same team but they are having a blast. That maybe due to the fact that they are 8-0 so far in camp, during 5 on 5 play.
It's always a great time if you are winning. Keion FINALLY called last night to report. I don't think he is homesick at all. Little turkey.
He said that he wasn't tired (he really emphasised this was not the case) but was exhausted from all the ball playing he has done. I'm gonna have to say it's probably more like 50/50 with both, lack of sleep and exhaustion from playing so hard.
I was happy to hear that he has been using the shampoo, soap and toothpaste we packed along with him. I was worried that it might come back completely unused :-)
Overall, it looks like Keion is having a fantastic time and making good choices, well at least in the hygiene department!
Kylan and I have been hanging out and enjoying the quiet house. It's just during the day that it is a bit too quiet for me.
Last night we went to the park to listen to a band play. We met some friends there and enjoyed a nice evening outdoors, together, something that has become a rarity since he started back to work.
Yesterday Kylan pronounced his first patient. The patient was a DNR so he didn't have those guilty feelings of thinking he could have or should have, done more. Once he is in his specific profession this is just not something he will really ever have to deal with, thank goodness.

1 comment:

Heber and his "Deli" aka: Adele said...

He looks so happy.

How great that you and Kylan got a night out. I am sorry he has been so busy. I have only been back for 3 days now and I am already feeling the lack of daddy around the house. These 2 months of call every other night are going to be rough.