Today I am not going to let Keion watch more than 4 hours of t.v. Oh, you think that is a lot and I'm a bad mom...well then I won't tell you how much he watched yesterday :-)
Maybe this has already happened and I just don't know about it, but I would really like it if blogger would get some smiley icons so that I can express myself without those cheesy, made up, sideways ones.
Because I'm going to print this blog into a book at some point, I wanted to write about our Monday family night experience. I was only hesitant because many of my friends that read this blog are not of my faith and I didn't want to offend anyone. So please remember while you read that Keion is still innocent (in most regards) and only knows what he has been taught his whole life.
I wish Kylan would get on here and retell the story. He does a much better job and I know I won't be able to do it justice. If you feel disappointed after reading, call Kylan and he will give you the more accurate, entertaining version.
So this is how it all went down...
We started with a song (church) like we always do and like always we laugh and barely get through it. Why do we laugh the whole time? Well first, I sing completely off key (yes, I'm that bad) and this sends Keion into a laughing spell. Kylan and I continue to sing while he tries to recover and then Kylan will not know the words to the song and end up singing something completely wrong, which send both Keion and I into another laughing frenzy. This happens every time and continues until the song is over. I usually have tears streaming down my face, not from the sweet spirit our singing brings but from the gut wrenching laughter.
We begin our lesson and at some point get a little side tracked. I was now trying to explain that most denominations consists of good Christian people just like us. Keion was confused as to how we could all be Christian but not believe the same things. We discussed exactly what the word Christian means but Keion wanted more specifics as to why our church is different from other churches.
Most of our neighbors are Catholic. Our next door neighbor is very active in his church and his kids go to private Catholic school. Keion is really good friends with one of the boys. We decided to tell him the differences between our two religions. This is how Keion reacted to one of them.
Me: Catholics believe that God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost are all one Being (opposite from what we believe).
Keion: (with a puzzled look on his face) Uhhh.........What?
-Then he holds up a pass along card with this picture on the front.
Keion: (said with his sarcastic voice) Have they not seen this picture of Joseph Smith and TWO people standing there????? (you could tell he was thinking that this was just too obvious and how could anyone believe differently)At this point Kylan and I are dying laughing and Keion is just looking at us wondering what we think is so funny. He continues..
Keion: The missionaries need to take these cards around and knock on our neighbors door and say, see they aren't one person.
I guess it should just be that easy! I'll have to pass that tip along to our missionaries, I'm sure they haven't tried that approach before.
Life seems so simple through the eyes of children, why and when does that change?



7 comments:
I would love to be a fly on the wall to observe the singing frenzy in the Peterson home.
I love that Keion is so confident in what he has been taught.
Simplify. I love it:)
I love that! Keion is so sweet. I think your ward should ask your guys for a musical number!
you mean i didn't teach you and kylan anything when i was primary chorister!!! will
Love it!! He is such a sweetheart. Our family has our own singing tune as well. We would fit right in with you guys.
I love your posts! You are so entertaining and Keion is so sweet.
This story is so classic. I'm glad you've recorded it so you don't run the risk of forgetting it. Keion needs to be reminded of this story when he's about to go on his mission. Hilarious!
Post a Comment