What a cool date to start the Olympic games.
The opening ceremony was out of this world. Was that amazing or what? The little boy, Lin Hao, who was the earth quake survivor who helped save his classmates, was the one who stole my heart. He was too cute and looked like a baby next to Yao Ming. The whole ceremony was phenomenal, I couldn't stop watching. I wanted to go out with some girlfriends who were getting together but I couldn't pull myself away from the t.v. (sorry about not calling you Allison).
As you can guess, we will be watching the games every day all day, as long as they are showing them.
I wanted to report that I got a job at the gym. They were suppose to call me for a second interview but just called and said I had the job. Unfortunately I don't get to start out at the front desk right away, maybe next month (the gym is slow this time of year). I will be trained as fitness staff, locker room and in the child care area. The work will be ok but the benefits will be much better, the membership to this place is pricey and now it will be FREE!
I still have another week until the postings at the schools close and if I get an interview I'm going. If they offer me a job, I'll take it.
Working for the school district is the best scenario for us as a family. Keion and I would have the same hours and same days off. I would never have to worry about what to do with him on all of his days off.
A new job just opened up at the middle school that Keion will be attending so I'm really hoping I can at least get an interview there.
Keion is registered for school. We go in a couple weeks to the orientation but got a sneak preview of the school yesterday, as the secretary let us check out the whole school while no one else was around. It is newly built and very nice. I wouldn't use the word excited but I think Keion is looking forward to going back to school or at least getting the initial nerves of starting a new school, over with.
Kylan is off again this weekend. I'm not sure if we are doing anything too exciting. I'm going for a quick run to see how my leg/bum is holding up. I might just melt down and cry if it is still hurts. That means I may have to do what the doc tells me and that includes a shot with a BIG needle. Let's just hope it doesn't come to that.
13 years ago



3 comments:
No worries Danette. Next time!
Congrats on the job! Working at the gym would be fun. It would certainly keep you health and fitness conscious! Not, like your skinny butt isn't already!
Congrats on getting the job. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the school job to come through though since it would be better for you guys. Still, a free membership is a pretty nice perk!
Post a Comment