All of a sudden there was a jingling right behind me and when I turned around there was this HUGE black cat walking around in my living room. WHAT?? We don't own a cat. How in the world did this cat get in our house... how long had it been in there??
I admit, this little ball of fluff had me freaking out. I was panicking and scared the cat as it ran from me and headed for the upstairs. I hurried and opened the front door and then called the cat with a soft, friendly "here kitty, here kitty!". That worked much better than my screeching "what in the...holy crap...eewww...get this thing out of here!"
Once I got the cat out the front door, it just turned and stared at me. So what did I do? Took a picture! I think blogging does this to people, it has to me anyway.
This really wigged me out. That was just such an odd experience to find something like that in your house that didn't belong.Are you wondering how this cat got into my house? Well, after I got home from my interview I left the garage door open (Kylan was going to be home shortly) and thought that I had shut the door into the house. It wasn't completely shut. Once Keion opened the front door the adjustment of air pressure in the house caused the backdoor to come open. Hence, the open garage and now the open back door that the cat was able to come through. I never looked into the kitchen when I went to get on the computer so I didn't notice (plus it was the door to the mudroom so I probably wouldn't have noticed anyway).
On another note, I was offered a job at the high school where I interviewed yesterday. I'm happy to know that I have a job lined up and one that will, for the most part, work with our families schedule. One of our friends was teasing me, asking when I was going to quit. HA HA HA.
The real funny thing is that if I got offered a job at Keion's school, I would take it and would have to decline this other one. Working at the middle school would be perfect. Either way, I'm not going to be sitting at home like a blob all day and will actually make some money. Now maybe I can get that funky hair color I want!!!



12 comments:
That is too funny! A few years ago in our old house the same thing happened to us. We left the screen door open and the cat invited himself in. It was on our bed when we got home.
What a cute cat though! So, what position did you get at the high school?
You are funny:) Glad that cat decided to hearken your cat call!
At least it wasn't rats or something like that! I would have been disturbed too! Congrats on the job -it sounds a lot better than the gym job. :)
That is so funny!! I think I would have freaked out too! Congrats on the job....we're crossing our fingers for one at Keion's school. And...I LOVE your hair!!
CONGRATS again Danette!!! They will be lucky to have you! -M
I am not a cat fan. They creep me out, so I am sure I would be completely bothered by one sneaking in my house! Yikes! I am glad you landed the job at the school. They are the best to have. The hours and holidays off.....you can't beat it! Good job! ...Kristi
YES I knocked her off.Well the tube sunck and stuf like that.We had lots of fun I wish you were there. Have a nice day. PAYTON
This has happened to us a couple times - I think because our kids leave the garage door open downstairs... SCARY!
That's funny about the cat. That would startle me to death. Congrats on the job.
This story totally cracked me up. It would have scared me to death, and I like cats. P.S. I like the hair.
Post a Comment