Sunday, August 31, 2008

Ohio Soccer Tourney

We have just returned from a weekend in Columbus. Keion had his first soccer tourney with the new travel team he made. It is a step up in competition from what he has been doing. The boys on his team are awesome but Keion holds his own.
He scored a goal in the first game and had two assists in the second. The game they lost to go to the championship, he played defense the ENTIRE time. He really could have used a water break with the temps in the high 80's. Over all the team played well and are ready to start league play.
Here are a couple photos from one of the games.




Check out this picture...
..now look at it more closely. Ok. Keion's face somehow looks freakishly weird, I don't know how I caught it at that exact moment but that is not what you should focus on. Check out that thigh muscle!! He gets it from me..he he he.

Of course we would have liked to bring home some hardware but there will be other times for that. We did have a chance to visit the Sorensen's while we were in town. I didn't have my camera at dinner so I didn't get to take any pictures. I wish I would have had it, the boys are getting soooo big. I couldn't hardly recognize the baby- Luke. I just love being able to see friends especially those who are far from me.
Tomorrow we are taking the day to relax and soak up the last day of freedom before school starts. Much to do with little time...it's the story of my life! I hope you all had a great holiday weekend.

4 comments:

Heber and his "Deli" aka: Adele said...

Sorry we missed you Keion....it looks like you did great! Ben couldn't pull himself away from the Utah/Michigan game.

Kristi said...

Keion, you look like a little, soccer pro! I wish we were there to cheer you on! Danette.....Breaking Dawn?! I am excited for you! I am almost done with Eclipse, so we can chat about Breaking Dawn soon!

MadMama said...

Go Keion! Man those muscles! I LOVE the picture up top! It rocks! :)

Kristi said...

Hey Kei I had a soccer game to day.I miss you and your family.