Saturday, October 13, 2007

49ers VS Broncos

We really do love our 49ers. Today was the first playoff game against the Broncos. They were undefeated until last week when they lost to the Steelers. What I'm trying to say is that they are pretty darn good. Kei didn't play football here last year but I guess there is some history between these two teams and wouldn't you know it, some of the dads haven't forgotten about it...even a year later...come on guys it's little league, and it was LAST YEAR. The other team had beef with our team so it was really important for us to win. Basically so I could walk around with a big smile on my face and say "where's the beef now!". Don' t worry I didn't actually do that.. wanted to, but didn't. The game was questionable at first. We couldn't score and with 4 minutes to go in the first half the Broncos were making a run for the end zone. Our defense, which is know as the "Red Army" (not like the Russian army but because of the jersey color, just thought I should clarify) stopped the Broncos and got the ball back on our own 20 yard line with 3 minutes to go. On the 3rd down we went for a pass play that was freaking awesome and T.D. (fitting initials) caught the ball and ran it down to the 5 yard line. Next play-we scored. We were up 7-0 with 9 seconds left in the half. Wouldn't you know that the silly Broncos coach thought he would try to be tricky and pass the ball with 9 seconds to go. I'm glad he did because our guy intercepted it and ran it back for a touchdown. Ooooh yaaaaa- there was hoot'n and holler'n like crazy. We went from no points to 14 in 3 minutes. That's a tough feat for any football team. From here on out the game was at a stand still except the one play in which one of the Broncos broke loose down the sideline, heading for a touchdown, when Keion ran from across the opposite side of the field, caught up with the kid, jumped on his back, and then dropped him to the ground to keep the Broncos scoreless. Kei was so funny after the game. He said "I knew I just had one chance to get him and I got close and just jumped on his back and held on for dear life". (the kid was twice Kei's size!) He took him down though and Kei's coach was running down the sideline jumping up and down and his teammates were all giving him the chest bump because it was a sweet touchdown saving tackle.
That was all the excitement. Other than watching my "girl"- she just hates it when the wind blows. You will have to scroll back up to check her out. Blasted wind-it makes her look like she has a mohawk. The other entertainment was this little girl who stole her grandpa's walking cane to draw in the dirt.



Final score 14-0. Next week we have to play the Panthers for the championship. It is going to be a battle like no other. I'm going to have to put black strips under my eyes like the boys because I might have to take a few moms out before it is over!

4 comments:

Dixon's said...

Wow!! What a game. YOu will have to tell Keion good job. I have been reading the football posts for awhile and I am still in shock. They have cheerleaders. It looks like Junior High Football. They really take it serious there. How fun!

Jan said...

I am still laughing at your blog. I think having been there and really seeing the cheerleaders makes your comments reach to the bone with humor. I can only imagine how that cheerleader hates the wind. hmmm.....I bet a creative makeover team could remedy that in a flash. Danette, go for the black lines. Wow, would that ever add to the game. Last, but certainly most important. Keion, good job. You are MY grandson. I am so proud of you.

Bonnie said...

I can't wait to hear about next game! Tell Keion good luck!

Heber and his "Deli" aka: Adele said...

Hooray Keion. We are cheering for you all the way in Idaho!