This holiday(if you can call it that) is not commonly known so I thought I would share with you what I know about it. It's a day to celebrate the sweetie in your life and possibly get yourself a little somethin' somethin'! (get your minds out of the gutter-I was meaning chocolate!) Nothing like dropping a subtle hint on a blog every now and then!
The history of Sweetest Day: Herbert Birch Kingston, a Cleveland, Ohio philanthropist and candy company employee started Sweetest Day. He wanted to bring happiness to orphans, shut-ins and under-privileged. His intent was to show these people that they were not forgotten. In 1922, he started this holiday by giving candy and small gifts. How fun is it to do something for someone else? Lots of fun. Go out and do something sweet for someone tomorrow and let them know they are special.



2 comments:
I'll have to let Brett know about this - I'd never heard it before!
Nice jaw bone Danette, I am jealous:)
Post a Comment