Saturday, July 12, 2008

Adios Keion!

Keion headed to Missouri this afternoon to go visit his friends in Kirksville, and to go to a basketball camp.
He is going to be gone for 8 days. I really don't know what I'm going to do without him. Hang on and I'll tell you about my little saga at the airport.
Keion has never been away from me, and us for more than 5 days, and that was on our honeymoon. Keion told me he would miss us and was getting a little sad last night. I told him he was going to have fun and not to worry. He is DEFINITELY going to get homesick but I know he is also going to have a great week with his friends.
It is going to be a good experience for him to be away from us and be able to make his own decisions, and not have us hounding him all day telling him what to do. I really think that is one disadvantage of being an only child. You get ALL the attention ALL day long!
Well, I couldn't let him go without taking some pictures of the big day.
He thought if he covered his eyes, maybe I would just go away...WRONG!
Can you tell how embarrassed he is that I'm taking pictures while we are in line waiting to check in??
One of Keion's favorite things about traveling is the opportunity to eat out, even if it's only airport food.
Keion giving me a half-hearted smile. And yes, If you think you have seen this shirt a lot, you have, it's Keion's favorite. He loves pink and I need to find him some more shirts w/pink in them.
Here he is getting ready to board the plane. He was the first to get on and will be the first to get off. Pays to travel alone when you are a youngster. This isn't the first time Keion has flown by himself. When we lived in Seattle he flew to Idaho a couple times by himself. The flight was less than an hour. This was only 1 1/2 hours. Not too bad. Oh ya, what's up w/the kid on the side??
So after Keion gave me a hug the hostess came to get him. He would not look back at me and it was if he was trying to avoid doing so. It broke my heart because I thought he was trying not to get emotional. Well as soon as he started walking down the hall to the plane, I started crying.
What??? I really don't know where it came from.
I was trying my hardest not to shed any tears (most definitely not any in front of him) and I looked like a complete goof trying to dodge in and out of millions of people while doing the ugly cry and not really seeing where I was going.
Oh, it was dreadful.
Once I got to the windowed hallway where you can watch the planes board, take-off, and land, I calmed down and almost started laughing at myself.
Honestly, I'm not sure why all of a sudden the rush of emotions. I'm obviously going to miss the little punk but geesh, the torrential down pour was a bit much. If you're reading Keion, this just shows how much I love you!!!
Speaking of down pour, it was raining so hard on our drive to the airport that we were going 35 mph on the Interstate. Luckily for Keion (hates to fly in bad weather), it stopped.
Because Kylan is on house call tonight and won't be home until tomorrow afternoon, I figured I would take as much time as I possibly could before heading home to an empty house.
I decided to stop at the temple before heading home.
The grounds at the temples are always amazing, and you know how I love a green lush lawn! How can the edging in this picture not make your heart skip a beat!
Well, I came home, ate some dinner and then went for a run. I'm much more of a morning runner I've decided. I can eat a bowl of cereal, go for a run, and be fine.
I CANNOT, eat dinner, go for a run, and be fine. It makes me want to puke. I guess I eat a tad more at dinner than I do breakfast, go figure.
If any of you want to hang out this week, grocery shop without your kids, or just come visit, please do. I'm going to be so lonely during the day without my boy here. Everyone welcome!

5 comments:

Kerri said...

I wanted to cry with you. It doesn't matter how they get, I'm sure it's always hard to be away from your kids. My what a handsome young man you have there. I hope he has a fun week and I bet he's hoping you miss him so much you let him get away with murder when he gets back :) Your house looks awesome. The paint, the decorating, everything looks wonderful. You don't give yourself enough credit you do a fabulous job decorating. I bet it feels great to be getting a lot done, it's always daunting to know what is still left, but of course let's focus on what's done!!

Kerri said...

Oh, I just noticed the changed picture at the top. You guys look great! Was that one from Twin? I like it.

Heber and his "Deli" aka: Adele said...

I would have bawled my eyes out. I am proud that you made it until he was out of sight.

Kirsten said...

Seriously cute pictures of Keion even though he was dodging the camera for most of them. I don't want to imagine what a mess I'll be when mine are old enough to let go away without me. What a fun public place to cry- the airport. At least you can be pretty sure you didn't know anyone there. Feel free to call me lots this week since I'll probably be sitting on my big pregnant butt after being winded from just going up the stairs.

hayley said...

How bad do I wish I could take you up on your offer:) I am dying. I am sure Keion will have fun. I was such a home body at that age. My first girls camp I was physically sick because I was so home sick. I think I even left early. Anyway, enjoy the peace a quiet??? I am so jealous. Could I just fly my kids to your house for the week:)