Friday, July 18, 2008

Husband Tag

Thanks for tagging me Allison!
Here you go,
Husband's Name: Kylan
How Long Did We Date: 7 months, then he broke up with me for 2 1/2 months (I know, jerk move, right?) and then we dated 3 more months until we were married.

How Long Have We Been Married: 4 years 11 months and 27 days (I'm not sure if I calculated that correctly, our anniversary is Aug 22nd).
How Old Is Kylan: 30 years old (but doesn't act like it :-) ).
Who Eats More: He typically does but now that he works all the time and rarely gets a chance to eat, I probably do because I'm home doing nothing and feeding my face!
Who Kissed Who First: Kylan kissed me first. We were at my apartment in Twin Falls and he had flown in on Halloween to visit. After I left Seattle (he was trying to hook me up with his friend) we both knew that we liked each other. I think we both knew there was going to be a make-out session when he came! We were sitting on my couch talking and listening to John Mayer when it happened. Ahhh, feels like it was yesterday.
Who Is Taller: Kylan, he is 6'5 and I'm barely over 5'10.
Who Is A Better Singer: Hands down, Kylan. But he shouldn't brag because being better than me isn't saying much.
Who is smarter: It's painful for me to admit but Kylan is.
Who Does The Laundry: I do the majority of the laundry. Kylan will help out when I need him to but I'm the one who is home the most so I do it.
Who Does The Dishes: I'm happy to report that Kylan cleans up all of the dishes and puts away all condiments, etc. The only thing he doesn't do are the dishes and items that have to be washed by hand, he leaves those for me!
Who Mows The Lawn: ME!! I love it and I actually don't like when he does it for me. He doesn't care about the lines like I do :-) I think he has mowed the lawn a total of 3 times since we have been married. As you can imagine, he loves that I love to mow the lawn.
Who Cooks: I do most of the cooking, Kylan does the majority of the grilling.
Who Drives: When we are together, Kylan physically drives but I'm constantly telling him what to do (he hates this) so I might as well drive to save him the headache.
Who Said I Love You First: I said it first. I know LAME. It was even when we were breaking up which makes it even more LAME. I know he loved me too, he was just being LAME and running from his feelings, good thing he came to his senses.
Who Proposed: Kylan did. He flew in from Seattle to surprise me and had my whole apartment a glow with candles, flowers, music and a mini-scavenger hunt to find him. We also had a take-out Chinese dinner by candlelight. It's so hard to explain but it was amazing and I loved it!
Who Is More Stubborn: We both are. At times, this is not a good thing. I would have to say I'm the one who gives in first the most though.
Who Is More Sensitive: Hmmm, this is tough. Kylan is a sensitive guy but isn't as much so anymore. I'm the same way, I use to be far more sensitive than I am now. I guess we are a bunch of old calluses.
Who Wears The Pants: I wish I could say it is me and I'm sure Kylan would like to think that it's him, but I think Keion wears them more than both of us!! Ok, really Kylan and I are even steven in this category.
There you have it. Don't you just feel that much closer to us. We are bosom buddies for life.
On a side note, Keion called last night to report. The kid tore it up at camp. I'll write about it once he gets back on Sunday. Kylan and I are so proud of him and can't wait for him to come home. Tomorrow we are going to go to the Ann Arbor Summer Festival. My girlfriend Tausha is doing a radiology residency there so we are going to go see her. I can't wait. I'm sure I'll take lots of pictures.

6 comments:

Laura said...

this is great! i loved reading it. You 2 are so cute. i love all the pictures!

robertsfamof5 said...

That is great. I noticed our husbands are in sync when knowing how to propose...candles, etc. So sweet. I love this tag idea. Thanks for doing it!

hayley said...

Awwww, so sweet! I do feel much closer:) What a good looking couple. I loved all the pictures.

Kristi said...

Very cute! How fun to reminisce! I enjoyed reading your little story!

Burrups said...

That was so sweet and fun to read! You are an awesome family!!

DeGooyer Family said...

It was so fun to read about you two!! =) And I just love all the photos.