Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My mom just called me tonight and told me that my sister in-law's dad was in a major car accident. He is alive and in surgery. I'm not sure of the extent of his injuries but he is in bad shape.
In the past several weeks I have heard of more devastating news than I want to hear in a long time. One of our friends just lost his mother, another lost a baby due to complications during birth. Then another friend had this story about a family losing their baby as well (if you link to this site, make sure you have plenty of tissue ready, you WILL cry). I cannot possibly begin to imagine what kind of heartache such a loss brings. It made me reflect on my own personal struggles and put into perspective how fortunate I am.
I'm so grateful for my amazing family and extended family, along with the best friends anyone could ask for. If you are reading this, you are probably one of those mentioned. I gain such strength from all of you in the way you face and endure your trials. I can only hope that I can face adversity with such faith and optimism.
For those that I have mentioned specifically, you are continually in our thoughts and prayers.

7 comments:

Jen said...

I hope all is well with your family and friends. I thought for sure I could look at that site and not cry as long as I did not turn on the music. No way, sobbing.

robertsfamof5 said...

Oh my gosh. This was the saddest thing ever. I started to cry and then turned up the music and I couldn't keep a dry eye. I went straight upstairs to cuddle my kids. Thanks for sharing!

Heber and his "Deli" aka: Adele said...

I thought I could make it....holy moly I overestimated myself. I had to stop half the way through and hold Heber for as long as he would let me.

Kristi said...

I know, that's awful about Jen's dad. He is the rock of that family. Our prayers are with them. I had a friend send me a blog site of a friend whose baby drowned in their hot tub last month. It was soooo sad. The mom was strong though and her blogging during the troubling time was remarkable to me. She is a strong girl! These sad stories pull at your heart strings and make you want to love, love, love all those around you.

DeGooyer Family said...

Wow, that was so sad, but it's neat that they are able to tell their story so soon, and you can tell just by the photos that they have so much faith.

Jana Dille said...

Hey Dannette! I thought of you when I was camping. I kept thinking, wouldn't that be weird if I ran into her here!? Glad to see you're doing so well. Crazy on the running girl.
This post was sad. I just read this blog you mentioned a few days ago and I had tears streaming down my face and Macy looked at me and said in a really sweet soft voice, "mommy what's wrong?" I told her nothing and she said, "let me get you a tissue to make you feel better". It was precious. Yeah, my trials don't seem so bad. Thank goodness for our faith! Keep the pictures coming. Talk to you soon. J

hayley said...

Yeah, it's good to put things into perspective. I REALLY need to stop feeling sorry for myself right now, I totally needed to hear all that:)