Thursday, July 3, 2008

Our House

Here are just a few pictures from the house. I decided I couldn't wait for everything to be perfect before I post pictures, otherwise it would be months and months before I could ever show you.
I'm not much of a decorator. I think I know what style I like but at this point it is too expensive for me to decorate as such. I'm the type of person who walks into a shoe store and without fail my favorite, "have to have" shoes, are the most expensive in the whole place.
Good thing I married a doctor!!
Too bad he doesn't get paid like one yet.
Here is a shot of the sitting room just to the left as you enter the front door(the shot was not taken by the door so don't get confused! The front door from this shot would be to the left).

Just a different angle. (oh ya, we don't have curtains in our house yet either)
This is the living room to the right when you walk in the front door. Do you like my door pictures? When the Geek Squad came to put in the t.v. and surround sound, both of the guys commented on them. They both thought that was a pretty cool idea, but hey, what does that mean if the Geek Squad guys notice, is that good or bad???

Another shot of the far end. We have our computer in the black armoire and we now need to find a cool chair to work as both a computer chair and relaxing, watch t.v. chair. Any suggestions?

This is a shot from the living room into the kitchen. Keion is loving that he can watch t.v. from the dinner table. Unfortunately for him, that will rarely happen. We are big on family dinner and that doesn't include watching t.v.
An angle from the hall way. It is so bare, especially above my cabinets. Hopefully in time I will get it looking better.
Here is the half bath off the kitchen hallway. My plan is to paint the cabinets black and either do a blue or burnt orange color on the walls.
I saw this in Pottery Barn and thought it would be perfect. What do you think? I could get both the colors I love in one shot. Because I'm not much of a decorator I could just copy everything out of the picture =)
That's all the pictures I have for now. We still need to do some painting in the rooms upstairs and therefor have nothing on the walls. I'll post pictures as we get them finished. Hopefully here in the near future. I also debated about showing pictures of the outside, since my blog is open and all, and felt better not doing so. I'll show a few close up shots when we repaint the shutters and front door.
I did forget to take pictures of the basement, which is not finished and houses some of our storage stuff. I'll take some next time I post some of the rooms.
Feel free to give me any styling suggestions, I NEED them. I hope you all have a more enjoyable 4th of July than I do. Kylan is on house call 24 hours. BOOO. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow at all. Who knows, maybe it won't turn out that bad after all.

12 comments:

Jen said...

Your house looks Gorgeous!! You do a great job decorating. You want to come do mine too? David can sympathize on the 24 hour shift. He is doing one in OB. Best of luck with your painting.

Jen A. said...

Love the house! It looks great. You should all be be very proud of yourselves, your hard work is paying off!!

Burrups said...

Everything looks so great! Wish I could see it in person. Happy 4th to you too!!

robertsfamof5 said...

WOW. Your house looks great. I can't wait to see it in person. You are a great decorater. I am the same about my decorating too in a way. I know what I want to decorate my house like sort of, fut that sort of part involves too much money. I love the colors you chose too. I think the bathroom would be great in those colors. I would never think to put those colors together, but yes, I likeeeee. :) I need to call you about the running thing by the way. Talk to you soon.

Kirsten said...

Like I already told you, everything looks soooooo good! I'm so impressed! Seeing other ideas always makes me want to re-do rooms. I'm already on round #2 with 3 of the rooms in my house. I just don't want to repaint the main part of the house that you just finished doing. Too much work!!!

Raquel said...

Okay, so when do you want me to come and visit? Looks great!

hayley said...

I love your house! So clean cut, love the floors and the colors and I really love your plans for the bathroom. I think the light blue and burnt orange, cranberry thing looks AWESOME! SO bright and fun. I am pretty sure we have the same black armoire for our computer. Walmart dot com?? well, maybe it just looks the same! As far as decorating and paint, I totally agree just copy what you like, then chances are it won't mess up a good thing. I love the look of your wood floors, I HATE TILE! We have tile everywhere in the house and blah! The grout is always nasty! I love your granite, super nice:) Thanks for sharing. Hope you had a good fourth.

Dixon's said...

Everything looks great! I love your house and the colors are great. Love the bathroom, it is so bright. We really need to get together sometime.

Ashley said...

I honestly love it! In fact, I'm coveting.

DeGooyer Family said...

Danette, the house looks SO nice. In fact it could be on the cover of the next Pottery Barn magazine. Seriously. You are an awesome decorator!!

Laci said...

It looks so nice! I'm way impressed!

Ashlie n Jonathan said...

WoWwWwWWEEEEEE!!! Awesome! Party at YOUR house! Looks SO SO SO nice! Don't use my house as your next "you know your ghetto if..." pic, ok?!