Most of you know from reading the blog or actually participating at Keion's birthdays, that he loves to have his presents hidden with clues telling him where to find them.
The neighbor boys loved it too.
Here they are reading clues and going on the hunt.





Kylan really came up with some wacky clues. I wish he were here right now to tell me what they were. All I know is one said something about looking in the place where he does his duty(bathroom)...there you will find your booty! WHAT??? Booty for a 12 year old...hmmm. Kylan said booty was like the lute or treasure (the gift). I guess.
Look how pumped Keion is after getting another Priesthood book. Ha ha, ya right, he just found out he got xbox live and the new NCAA 09 football game. If any of you have xbox live let me know so Keion can play against you.
Again, no birthday cake for this boy. He is more than happy with his Ben & Jerry's peanut butter cup ice cream. The ice cream was frozen beyond ability to get the candles in, so one was pushing it (really, I broke 3 candles trying to get them in).
He was officially the big 12 years old. Yeah Kei!
The next day we took Keion and the two neighbor boys to play games and to dinner. This is the first time Keion was actually too tall for something. That made him feel good.
Uh Keion, why the constipated face?
The boys played a couple games of laser tag.
Kylan even joined in on the fun for the last game.
Keion picked Red Robbin for dinner. I can't complain, bottomless fries. It doesn't get any better than that! 

Another year has come and gone. I can hardly believe Keion is 12. He is such a wonderful kid. All of our friends can vouch that I'm not just a mom saying this because I'm his mom. He really is special, and I mean that in a good way!Thanks to our friends who came over and helped us celebrate on Friday and to all of our family and friends who sent gifts, called, and left him sweet messages on the blog.



6 comments:
Okay, well first Keion, you are special, and I will say that you have special parents. I can say that and not be bias at all, right? I feel blessed to have you as a grandson as well. I am so very proud of you and love you very much. Keep your parents young and fun.
I am glad you had a fun birthday. I think you really do get a big celebration and that is without Halloween being a part of it. How lucky are you? Any chance you are spoiled? I hope the answer is YES!!!!! Because if not, you should be. Tell them that, okay?
You guys really know how to do birthdays!! No more primary, huh!! Can't wait to hear about the first girl friend!!! hehe
What a fun weekend! I love Red Robin, one of my favorites!
What an awesome birthday!! Love the treasure hunt idea. Cute picture of you and Kylan.
I REALLY want a treasure hunt for my birthdays! Will you guys plan on coming every year for my birthday so you can create them!
Kei-- you're such a fun kid! I love that you have specific tastes that make you different than the usual. I'd go for the ice cream too! Better yet... I'd go for a Barbie ice cream cake! ;)
It's been awhile since I've blog checked so I had to go back a little. Looks like Keion's day with his friends was a blast. Seeing everyone in the lazer tag get up made me want to play. By the way, I love the scavenger hunt for his birthday presents. It is such a good idea, so fun for the kids and one I just might have to copy...you know when my kids can read! Congrats to Keion finishing well in soccer and I'm sure you will barely be able to blink in those two months and it will all be starting again, right...espcially with the holidays making that time fly!
Post a Comment