There is nothing worse than having to go to the dentist to have a root canal done...but what is worse than that, is going when you have a cold and your nose is clogged.
Yes, that was my day.
It stunk, big time.
What is that big thing they put over your WHOLE mouth to isolate one tooth? Oh ya, I think he called it a bridge..no, a.. hmmm, I just can't think of it right now, maybe it starts with a "D". Anyway, it is a huge green piece of plastic-like material clamped on to a bracket and shoved into your mouth.
Typically this is not a problem.
When your sole source of getting oxygen is through your mouth (hence the clogged nose) then this is cause for some major asphyxiation (not the correct use of this term but I like the sound of it more than suffocation).
I'm not joking, there were several times that I could not breathe. I couldn't bring myself to say anything about it either, not like they would have understood a word I was saying with a mouth full of saliva and that contraption filling every ounce of space.
I now know what it feels like to have emphysema. Not fun.
When I returned to school the kids were laughing hysterically at me. The whole side of my face was drooping like I'd had a stroke. My lips were completely uneven and they were doing all they could to get me to laugh because I looked even more ridiculous when I smiled.
It was bad.
They told me I looked weird. That's nice.
13 years ago



14 comments:
:( Sorry about the root canal. Those stink big time. I send you virtual hugs!! Oh, and if you sneeze, it's because I'm thinking of you.
That is rough! I can't believe you couldn't breath and just sat still without saying anything. You silly girl. I hope you feel better!
That is rough! I can't believe you couldn't breath and just sat still without saying anything. You silly girl. I hope you feel better!
If I lived closer I'd make you some yummy chicken noodle soup!) =) Get better soon!!
i have never had a root canal but i have had that stupid thing stretched all across your mouth. its hard breathing through that thing in the first place with NO COLD. im so sorry. sounds like you had quite the day.
Huge bummer! I dread the day that I have to have one done! That thing is called a damn/dam, however they spell it. I hate having them in my mouth too but at least I don't have to concentrate on keeping my tongue where it's supposed to be. It makes me feel short of breath just reading about how you couldn't breath!!!
you should've taken a picture than we could have all gotten a laugh out of it:)!!!!
Yikes! Too bad you are not in Boise. Brent would have fixed ya up for free, and I doubt he would have used the dam! I am sorry! This yuck mouth knows all about dental torture! I feel your pain!
I would have hyperventilated until I passed out had it been me. I'm not good with the dentist anyway, so that would just make it worse!
Hey, I am trying to add a picture to a blog I have and I want it nice and big like yours. What template did you use? I'm talking about the top picture with the title and month.
Aw, I am sorry it was so miserable! Hope you are feeling better now!
Oh my!! This sounds so horrible!! Hope things are going better for you now.
It's called a "Rubber Dam" and I hate those too. I also hate that big piece of humongo-floss thing they put between your teeth and the metal cap thing to hold that dam down.
You went straight back to work?!? Isn't that grounds for some vacation time? You bet I would have milked it.
You crack me up! Your posts make me laugh! I can totally picture it...having done it myself! Ugh! By the way, the green rubber thing is called a dam. :) Hope you are doing good!
Post a Comment